.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Pomegranate Cosmopolitans

We had friends over for dinner last night and I made Sheri's yummy crabcakes as an appetizer. I kept second-guessing wine choices to go with them, when it occurred to me to serve Pomegranate Cosmopolitans. Excellent decision! They were a total hit.

We had jamabalaya for dinner, along with a simple salad made with Boston lettuce, sliced almonds, & Honey-Mustard Sherry Vinaigrette from Fine Cooking #83. For dessert we had The Perfect Flan.

Pomegranate Cosmopolitans
makes 4

2/3 c. pomegranate juice
1/2 c. vodka
1/4 c. Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
ice cubes
4 lime twists

Place the first 4 ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Add ice; shake to chill. Strain into Martini glasses. Garnish with lime twists.

3 Comments:

At 12/11/2006 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of pomegranate cosmos. Something new to serve to my family this christmas. Thanks :)

 
At 12/11/2006 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I'm going to use that recipe for my Christmas Punch this year (but I'm going to incorporate Lichido Liqour--my whole family is obssessed with lychees). I think it'll taste amazing with your recipe. Txs!

 
At 8/11/2008 7:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Did you ever make the punch with Lichido liqueur? I'd love to have the recipe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home