.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Wreaths



These cute little wreaths are glorified Rice Krispy Treats, made with cornflakes instead of rice, green food coloring and red hots. The trick is to get the red hots to adhere. Which is tricky indeed.

I got the recipe from "Rose's Christmas Cookies", which I bought "used" off of Amazon for a pittance before other people were thinking about Christmas cookies, at which point the demand and price went up. As I've mentioned on here before, I've had excellent results ordering "used" books off of Amazon. Typically they aren't "used" at all; they are overstocks. But you have to read the condition description.

I am a big fan of Rose Levy Beranbaum, and you should consider reading her blog, because she is extremely generous with her time, answering readers' questions.

5 Comments:

At 12/15/2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I'm a big fan too. I have two of her cookbooks but of course I just look at them and hardly ever actually COOK from them.

 
At 12/15/2006 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used to make those often when I was a kid! I miss having my tongue turn green!

 
At 12/16/2006 5:58 PM, Blogger Boston Chef said...

Thanks for reminding us of these! The picture really brought us back and we're going to give them a shot for the holidays...!

 
At 12/16/2006 8:19 PM, Blogger Cookie Madness said...

I love those things. They seem kind of like they'd be decorative over tasty, but they are both.

 
At 1/17/2007 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auntie, I don't know if you remember Ruby from mine and David's wedding, but she used to make these Christmas wreaths for us when we were kids!

Good times!

Miss you,
ashley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home