.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, December 22, 2008

Red Velvet Cake Balls



Bakerella started an internet firestorm with cake balls -- crumbled cake mixed with icing and dipped in chocolate -- and they became the hot trend for food bloggers. Better late than never, I finally had a reason: the annual Rogue Running coaches party.

You have to have patience to make these. And you have to have a serious sweet tooth to eat them. I was sorely challenged on both accounts. But they went over like wildfire, both with the tasting team of boys at home and also with the coaches at the party.

4 Comments:

At 12/22/2008 7:11 AM, Blogger MW said...

almost makes me want to become a coach... but then i quickly come to my senses

my captcha is mandog. ha!

 
At 12/22/2008 10:53 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

I think they're interesting, but I'm still obsessed with cupcakes.

 
At 12/22/2008 3:06 PM, Blogger Jess said...

look pretty...but i see how they could be a test of your last nerve!

 
At 1/05/2009 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made these for a dinner party last week after seeing them on your blog. I agreed they were a little sweet, but the crowd gobbled them up . . . and they sure were pretty! Thanks for the idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home