.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Singapore Noodles




This recipe uses part of the barbecued pork from Monday. You could use leftover chicken if you wanted to. Or maybe some ham. It also has shrimp in it. It's a typical stir-fry in that it has a fairly long ingredient list, but if you prep ahead, it's very doable, as most stir-fries are. I had everything measured and set out, and somehow still managed to forget the oyster sauce. It was sitting there when I went to clean the kitchen.

It's suprisingly spicy. I would consider cutting back on the madras curry powder. Or maybe just using regular curry powder. Or maybe less chile paste. Or I might just leave it as it is and enjoy the heat.

---------------
edit: I have decided that I really like this as a cold pasta salad. And I think it would be just as good without the meat.
  • Singapore Noodles (Fine Cooking #74, p.64-65)

2 Comments:

At 9/21/2005 10:13 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I made the pork tonight (two tenderloins). Yum!

 
At 9/21/2005 11:15 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

Looks great Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home