.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Friday, September 30, 2005

Chicken & Gorgonzola

I had this recipe marked "to-do" in the original issue that it was in (Fine Cooking #63). But I recently decided to try to work my way through the two "Quick & Delicious" issues, and it caught my eye there too.

I served it over penne, which was recommended, but Gary and I both thought we'd like it better with garlic bread instead of pasta. Then again, what's not better with garlic bread?

This is the second time I've made this salad (oh-so-pretty picture I took the first time is here). Gary and I often eat our salad after our entree and this is especially refreshing. It's sooo good!

Sheri recently told me that it was time to drink this wine. Not only do I like to do whatever she tells me to do, but I explicitly trust her knowledge of Rafanelli. I've been waiting for a meal to go with it, and it was absolutely perfect with the mushrooms and gorgonzola.

  • Chicken with Marsala, Mushrooms & Gorgonzola (101 Quick & Delicious Recipes 2004, The Best of Fine Cooking, p. 72)
  • Radish & Parsley Salad with Lemon (Fine Cooking #50, p. 18)
  • 1998 A. Rafanelli Cabernet Sauvignon (Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County)

3 Comments:

At 10/01/2005 3:52 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I've avoided making this because of Larry's aversion to blue cheeses. It looks really yummy though.

We've been working our way through our 2002 Rafanelli Zins, because it was a less-than-stellar year. The bottles have been hit and miss.

 
At 10/02/2005 12:37 AM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

I think Sheri surrounds herself with people she knows will do what she tells them to do;)

 
At 10/04/2005 11:44 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Of course I do!

Actually I've been paying attention to the Rafanelli vintages because they've been a bit hit and miss in the past few years. Some can be saved, some can't. Neither of these bottles will benefit from any more time in the bottle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home