.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, September 29, 2008

Enchiladas Verde



When's the last time I raved about Fine Cooking? Now would be a good time.

I'm ashamed to say that, unfortunately, this is not a Fine Cooking recipe. This is a Cooks Illustrated recipe. CI is an ass about having their recipes linked to, copied, shared, or blogged about.

Fine Cooking, on the other hand, sent an email to me last week:
Hi Amy,
I'm the managing web editor at Fine Cooking, and I just wanted to say we love all the great posts you've been putting on your blog re. FC recipes. We're embarking on some heavier blog outreach in coming months, so basically I just wanted to say hi. Feel free to link directly to individual recipes, too, when you mention them. If you want to link to one that's behind a pay wall, let me know, and I can usually switch it over to free.

Thanks,
Sarah Breckenridge
Managing Web Editor
Fine Cooking Magazine

Read it again. Is that awesome or what??? I love Fine Cooking. Love it, love it, love it, own every issue ever published, thanks to Sheri. If you love to cook or if you want to learn to love to cook, please Please PLEASE get Fine Cooking. And if you ever have a cooking question, please let me know, because I would be happy to help you. If I don't have the answer, I'll get it. Now, go COOK something!

8 Comments:

At 9/29/2008 9:21 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

Fine Cooking is a drug that everyone should enjoy!

 
At 9/30/2008 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wxjogiI agree. It's a wonderful Magazine and their web site is worth the small fee to access. About half what CI costs. And in my opinion has more user friendly recipes.

Btw, the Fine Cooking Stacked Green Chile & Grilled Chicken Enchiladas are delicious and quite easy to assemble, Nan

 
At 9/30/2008 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those enchiladas look yummy!

 
At 10/01/2008 2:31 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

I must confess you have been such an inspiration to me in the realm of cooking (other areas too, but this is a cooking blog). I thought of you last night as I used EVERY SINGLE POT I own to make dinner. It was FABULOUS and worth the effort to clean up.

come see us!

 
At 10/02/2008 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can almost taste those enchiladas!! I also love the cake you made for Carolyn. You are such a good friend...Carolyn is amazing too! Good Luck to you this weekend. You'll be in my thoughts!

malinda

 
At 10/04/2008 7:19 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

The more I see this picture the more I want you to make this the next time you visit!

 
At 10/05/2008 6:42 PM, Blogger Toni said...

HOW EXCITING! about the FC e-mail. You do such a good job on your blog, it's no wonder. Now about those enchiladas, they look great. What issue are they from?

 
At 10/06/2008 6:29 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Nan, I need to make those; they've been on my to-do list for way too long!

Toni, the recipe for the enchiladas is in the July & August 2008 issue of Cook's Illustrated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home