.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sear-Roasted Cod with Horseradish Aïoli & Lemon-Zest Breadcrumbs



Central Market received a fresh shipment of cod, just in time for me to test "my" recipe for Fine Cooking Magazine before the deadline. I bought four lovely, thick chunks. With sear-roasted recipes, it's important that you not use thin fillets. The rest of the ingredients were easy to find and I followed the directions to a T. I even measured the oil, which I rarely do. It turned out perfectly!

We opened a bottle of rose', but I didn't serve a side dish. Six ounces of fish is a good-sized portion for us, we had a little bit of starch with the breadcrumbs, and the parsley salad added a nice green to the plate.

I filled out and submitted the survey form, and they pieced together a couple of sections as quote for the magazine:

The directions for the sear-roasting technique were easy to follow, and the results were fantastic. We loved the horseradish aioli and the breadcrumbs, too. Their flavors and textures were the perfect complement to the mild, flaky fish. Since the aioli and breadcrumbs could both be made in advance and the fish only took a few minutes to cook, I loved that I was able to put together a company-worthy dinner with very little effort.

Sear-Roasted Cod with Horseradish Aïoli & Lemon-Zest Breadcrumbs
Fine Cooking 92, p 48

5 Comments:

At 3/13/2008 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnificent! *applaud*

 
At 3/13/2008 9:20 PM, Blogger Jess said...

looks wonderful...can't wait to test it out myself :) great job chef amy!

 
At 3/14/2008 10:32 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I definitely need to make this. I loved seeing your quote in print!

Sheri

 
At 3/15/2008 6:55 PM, Blogger Toni said...

Horseradish Aioli! Swoon....

 
At 3/15/2008 7:02 PM, Blogger Amy said...

The "aioli" was the best part. I could eat it by the spoonful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home