.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, September 26, 2005

Wilted Arugula Salad



I plan to make all of the salads from this article, which is titled "Warm Salads for Dinner". Since Gary and I both like salad, they seem like a great way to enjoy it during the fall and winter. I would have hoped that by the end of September, it would be a little cooler, but the high today was 107 degrees or some such craziness!

I'm pretty much a stickler for following a recipe the first time, but next time I would probably use a lower ratio of oil to vinegar, because I tend to like a little bit more acidic dressing. It was still delicious, though. And I absolutely had to use dried thyme tonight. My thyme plant has been scorched in the unseasonable heat and the nearest 2 grocery stores didn't have any either.

Did I mention that this was delicious??? A truly excellent combination of flavors.

  • Wilted Arugula Salad with Crisp Potaotes, Feta & Warm Black Olive Vinaigrette (Fine Cooking #74, p. 56)

2 Comments:

At 9/26/2005 9:04 PM, Blogger Sheri said...

I thought that one looked really good too.

 
At 9/28/2005 1:13 PM, Blogger it's only fuel said...

I've never been a fan of warm salads, but it does look tempting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home