.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gérard's Mustard Tart



Dorie Greenspan commented on my blog about a year ago, and I was beside myself with excitement because she truly is one of the cooks, bakers, and authors I most admire.

It was raining on Saturday when my copy of her latest book arrived, so the mail carrier delivered it straight to my front door. I immediately put everything else on hold and sat down to pore over it. The photography is exquisite, and her personality shines through her stories about both the recipes and also living part-time in Paris. Her philosophy is perfectly summarized by a friend of mine, an amazing athlete and a Registered Dietitian who said, "There is nothing finer than small portions of wonderfully prepared food!"

Gérard's Mustard Tart, Around My French Table, by Dorie Greenspan
(Bon Appétit published a PDF of the recipe; click here.)

1 Comments:

At 1/19/2011 5:31 PM, Blogger meredith said...

I remember seeing you one early morning after Dorie had commented on your blog and how ridiculously giddy (or geeky) we were over the comment. Your food is a work of art, and I am so happy you are back sharing it with the world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home