.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Monday, June 07, 2010

Chocolate Cream Pie



This pie demands whipped cream. It does. Copious amounts. It is rich, chocolate-y, decadent. It was universally adored at Sunday Family Dinner. Worshipped, even.

Naughty thoughts of whipped cream from a can are probably someone's idea of a fantasy. Not mine. Freshly whipped real cream, lightly sweetened and with a hint of extract, is so much more dreamy, so much more delicious. It turns "demanding" into "perfect".

Chocolate Cream Pie, Cook's Illustrated, May/June 2001

5 Comments:

At 6/08/2010 2:33 AM, Blogger Sheri said...

I like.

 
At 6/08/2010 10:35 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

That looks really good. I've never made whipped cream, but I will have to try it sometime.

 
At 6/10/2010 8:48 PM, Blogger Monica said...

I WANT SOME! Can you please make this again sometime when I get there?

 
At 6/10/2010 9:23 PM, Blogger Amy said...

When you get here, we will make anything and everything you want! Have GREAT summer! Can hardly wait.

 
At 6/29/2010 8:58 AM, Blogger Monica said...

aw, me too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home