.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Not As Good As Pork Cracklins

misadventures in cooking

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cardamom Milk Pudding



My parents will fall over laughing when they read this.

I am not a milk drinker, have never been a milk drinker, don't drink milk, don't like it, don't see the need to learn to like it, don't see the need to learn to drink it.

So why lately I am consuming copious amounts of milk products is beyond my comprehension. I'm on some sort of milk-product binge. Which is probably better for me than the coffee cake binge I was on, but I'm not sure about that. Food jags are food jags, right? Everything in moderation? Neither of these can be considered "moderate".

I've been eating vast quantities of yogurt. I -- the super-dark black coffee drinker -- have been making icy cold milky coffee. Separate and apart from my black coffee, which I'm still drinking. I finished several boxes of cereal that were in the pantry for my boy. For the milk. I couldn't care less about the cereal.

What's up with all the milk? "I don't know".

"That's a lot of dairy!" Yes, I know.

Today's milk: Cardamom Milk Pudding, Gourmet, June 2009. Heavenly!

2 Comments:

At 6/25/2009 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, yes I am laughing big time. I have heard that if you do without a certain food long enough, that you will start craving it but I don't understand the reasoning behind it. Just think, you are helping your bones get stronger. :-)

I don't think I could get interested in milk by eating cardamom milk pudding though. Egg custard, or creme brulee, yeahhhhh.
Love ya, Mom

 
At 6/26/2009 7:34 PM, Blogger Amy said...

MUM!!! What's not to like about PUDDING???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home